- Bricks – red with white on them. Or made of wood with lots of paint chipped and weathered.
- Shingled roof sagging, gap in one part of it.
- Some broken/empty windowpanes.
- Boarded up door — some boards missing. Or door bashed in. Or not bashed in, maybe the handle knocked out. Inside on the ground.
- A few wooden chairs and tables suitable for seating 2 or 3 students a table. Some overturned. Some broken and missing legs.
- A fire hearth.
- Dead leaves, shingles missing from the roof, dust, some glass pieces, including a full windowpane.
Story of the old schoolhouse: “Bad boys” used to come here and smoke. Behind it, out of view. Not usually in it. Some would sneak into it at night and tell ghost stories. Particularly of a mysterious gray cat that some say they have seen. Somebody once came and knocked off the outer handle. The inner handle dropped to the ground inside the schoolhouse.